HBV-DNA PCR Negative
Nov 10, 2007
Just one year ago I recieved a HBV DNA PCR Result of 1741 copies/ml 2 weeks ago I repeated this test and I received a Negative result. (I will go to the lab and ask for a reptition to be sure also). I have not requested Hbsag test at this stage. But my Hbsag was still + 1 year ago. If the HBV-DNA PCR result is negative at this time what would that mean should I go and retest my Hbsag Thanks.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
I would retest the HbsAg, and if negative, it is likely the infection has cleared.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Precum Touching Vagina And HIV Transmission Risk
- Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Risk Of Getting AIDS
- What Are The Chances Of Getting HIV From Giving Handjob?
- Sore Throat Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Fatigue After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Flu Symptoms After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.