Damaged immune system?

Hi Doc,

For the last 15 months I seem to catch every flu bug that goes around, causing me to miss multiple days of work. On at least 2 occasions I've had blood work done in the midst of illness but nothing amiss shows in the results. I'm undetectable with a strong CD4 count. Could my immune system (other then the CD4's) be damaged? Are there lab tests that would show this? Thanks

Although you don't indicate what your CD4 count or percent is, assuming it is close to or in the normal range, I think it is unlikely that your immune system is significantly damaged to have brought this on. Unfortunately, outside of research labs, we don't have good tests to determine how well your cells function. Make sure you get a flu shot, pneumovax shot at the very least.

CD4 drop from 800 to 500 related to HIV ulcer?
Hepatitis A