Isolated ALT to high
Oct 28, 2007
Dear Dr. Holodniy, I am 39 years old. On therapy for 5 years (Fosamprenavir, Norvir, Truvada). As I had my last two lab checks the ALT was slightly higher than the norm with 56 U/I. In the past my ALT was always in the normal range. I take Ambien 10 mg for sleeping and so far no other medication, drugs and alcohol. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
I would not be too concerned. That level is barely above the normal range. Although all your HIV meds could affect liver function, given that you have been on them for so long and are doing well, and you don't appear to have any other risk factors to explain it, again I am not concerned.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Herpes After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Needle Stick Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- How Long Does Fluconazole Take To Work?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.