HCV RNA QUANT. REAL TIME PCR
Oct 28, 2007
Results were 49100000 <50 IU/mL and 7.69 <1.70 Log IU/mL Can you tell me what is my situation?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
The viral load is 49 million or 7.69 logs (both mean the same thing). This is a relatively high HCV viral load and means you are chronically infected. What the impact to your liver might be requires further tests and evaluation by a hepatologist.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What If A Hospital Worker Is Pricked By A Hiv Needle?
- When You Get Hiv When Do The Flu-like Symptoms Happen?
- Are Hiv Symptoms Like Flu Symptoms?
- Can A Woman Give Hiv To A Man How Likely Is It?
- What Is The Difference Between Hiv And The Flu?
- Would Hiv Show Up In Blood Test Six Weeks After Exposure
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.