|vaccinations for HIV+ Persons
Oct 21, 2007
Hi Dr. Holodniy:
What vaccinations should a HIV+ person receive and which ones should they not?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
The general rule of thumb is that live vaccines (Measles, polio, yellow fever, etc) are NOT recommended and killed vaccines (influenza, pneumovax, hepatitis A/B, etc) are recommended. It also depends on the where you are on the HIV spectrum (advanced disease or AIDS or high CD4 counts and/or on HIV treatment), what other medical conditions you might have and other medications you might be taking.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Red Spots After Receiving Head Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Tongue After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Touching Dried Semen Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Does Bactrim Treat Syphilis?
- How Long Does Chlamydia Last After Treatment?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.