|Prednisone and fibromyalgia
Oct 14, 2007
Dear Doctor, Is it fairly safe to take 5mg. of prednisone for AIDS and fibromylasia, as I am between a rock and a hard place. Some prescribe it for fibromylagia but I've read that it can pull one's immunity down? Do you think that it would be safe to take at this low dosage? Thanks!
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
People with HIV infection can use prednisone, particularly at those low doses. However, it is probably best to be on HIV treatment and have an undetectable viral load when doing it.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Should I Take Prednisone If I Have Aids?
- Ache In Testicles After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Black Spots After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Rash After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Red Spots After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.