Lab results/Reinfection

Hello, I am concerned about reinfection with HIV after receiving new lab results. I never had unprotected sex but the head of a penis with semen has pressed against (not inserted) my anus a few times (I was not on medicine at this time). My anus is senstive and gets red and irritated easily (sometimes even bleeds lightly because of excess skin from a previous hemmeroid). Just today I received lab results and my cd4 count was 567 when about ten months ago the results have shown a count of 768 (Viral Load was missing in the lab test results). Should I be concerned about reinfection? Is this the type of CD4 cell drop that's seen with reinfection? I have been positive since the end of 2000 and this took place at the end of 2006. I have been off meds since 2005 (2yrs)

You don't indicate what the CD4% is, and the viral loads before and after would have been good to have. Both of those CD4 counts are in the normal range and there certainly can be variability in the numbers for a variety of reasons (time of day, stress, other ongoing infections, immunizations, among others). The CD4% is a much more stable number over time. I think it is unlikely that is a significant change.

switching to kaletra
Prevention & Cure for Hep C