Hapatitis Profile Results
Sep 29, 2007
Dear Dr. Holodniy
Please interpret test results below: HBsAG (+) Anti-HBs (-) Anti-HBc IgM (-) Anti-HBe (+) HBeAg (-) Anti-HAV IgM (-)
How severe is the infection? Does it need any medication? What other tests needed?
Thank you very much.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
You cannot determine severity of infection from these results. A HBV DNA test could be helpful, and an evaluation by a liver specialist may be in order.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Underlying Conditions Cause Candidiasis?
- What Type Of Doctor Specializes In The Treatment Of Herpes?
- What Happens If Genital Herpes Goes Untreated?
- What Causes Recurring Yeast Infections And Bacteria Vaginosis?
- Can You Get Vaginosis From A Latex Condom?
- What Is The Physical Appearance Of Syphilis?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.