Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

Increased VL, but increased CD4

I was tested positive in Dec05. My test in Jan07 shows: CD4 415 (28%) HIV-RNA 419 copies/ml. My last test in Apr07 shows: CD4 424 (37%) HIV-RNA 2239 copies/ml. I'm puzzled by the sudden increase of VL, despite the slight increase in CD4. Do you think this is alarming? My doctor does not think it's time for meds yet, do you agree with this view? Many thanks in advance for your help.

I would not be concerned by those changes in viral load. Although that change is just outside normal variation in viral load, your Cd4 count and percentage increased and not decreased, which is what we would normally expect when the viral load goes up signficantly. I also agree with your doctor that HIV treatment is not indicated at this time.

I DONT UNDERSTAND MY LABS PLEASE HELP NO ACCES TO DOCTOR
big drop in cd4%; doctor not worried