Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Understanding Your LabsUnderstanding Your Labs

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

I DONT UNDERSTAND MY LABS PLEASE HELP NO ACCES TO DOCTOR
Sep 29, 2007

Dear Mark, first I would like to thank you and your colleagues for your help!!! I just got back my blood test a today and got this results: -Leukocyte 6,43 - Lymphocytes 37,2 %

I have other blood results from 6 months ago which are as follows: - Leukocyte 6,5 - lymphocytes 33 %

I tested positive january 2006 after being exposed in november 2006. Can you please tell me why I see no descence in my white blood cells and at the same time I have already diarrea and tonsils. I dont understand my labs and im currently in India so I cant see a doctor.(business trip)

Please reply thank you very much

Response from Dr. Holodniy

I am not sure these routine labs tell me much. What is your CD4 count and viral load, and are you on HIV treatment?

Previous
Could you gice me an opinion on this lab results?
Next
Increased VL, but increased CD4

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.