|HBV, DNA Ultra Qnt PCR
Sep 29, 2007
the only results that were on the report were 4.5 log ius/ml. Nothing else was on the report. What does this mean?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
The absolute copy number or international units (IU) is about 35,000. This means that HBV DNA is present and indicates chronic infection with HBV.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Steroid Detection In Hiv Test
- Wounds Healing And Hiv
- Which Enzyme Enables The Aids Virus To Replicate Within A Host Cell?
- What Is The The Most Common Route Of Hiv Infection Worldwide?
- Is A Black Sore Inside The Gum A Sign Of Hiv Or Aids?
- How Long Does It Take For Hiv Antibodies To Show Up?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.