Treatment

My previous question:

Please interpret: By Cobas Amplicore: Positive 82,700 IU/ml. Linear range for HBV DNA PCR by Cobas Amplicore is 60 to 38,000 IU/ml What does it mean?

Your answer:

It means you are chronically infected with HBV, and the result is higher (calculated) than the linear range of the assay....

My doctor prescribed me to take lamivudine for six months and I did so. I am presently working in Saudi Arabia and I am afraid to lost my job when time comes to renew my working permit and failed. So far I still have one year to renew it. Can you please doctor recommend some effective medication in this regard? Many thanks.

If this is the viral load after lamivudine therapy, then it appears you have failed that drug and your virus is likely resistant to this medication. It gets a little more tricky in terms of new agents or potentially combination agents at this point. You need to be seen by liver specialist with experience in this.

Two years left?
help with HCV test results