Sep 29, 2007
I'm an agricultural engineer and a food technologist. I knew i'm infected a month ago, things are very confusing. I just want to know why is it difficult to find a final cure with all this progress in science. thanks in advance
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Because like many viral infections, the HIV inserts itself into the host cell DNA and is there forever. So unlike bacteria and other virus infections that can be cured with antimicrobial treatment, HIV can only be suppressed and not cured at this point until we find a way to get rid of the viral DNA that has been inserted into the host cell DNA.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Psoriasis After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Red Eyes After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Have Smooth Vaginal Bumps But Not An Std?
- How Do You Get Trichomoniasis Without Having A Sex Partner?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.