Sep 15, 2007
Please interpret: By Cobas Amplicore: Positive 82,700 IU/ml. Linear range for HBV DNA PCR by Cobas Amplicore is 60 to 38,000 IU/ml (Convertion: 1 IU/ml = 5.26 copies/ml). What does it mean? Thanks and more power.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
It means you are chronically infected with HBV, and the result is higher (calculated) than the linear range of the assay. Results are expressed in international units or copy number per milliliter of blood.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Do People Catch AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Hair Loss After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Vaginal Sex Without Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Deep Kissing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Tingling In Feet After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Tiredness After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.