Lab Results: Infectuous? Antibodies

Diagnosed as HEP B carrier in Nov. 2005. Have taken Hepsera ever since.

Lab results in March indicated that I had cleared the HEP B surface antigen for the first time; HEP B surgace antibodies were 8.2 mIU/mL, another first, and HEP BV, DNA was <50 copies.

AST was 22; ALT 20.

Questions: 1. Am I still infectuous to others?

2. Can I expect that antibodies will continue to rise?

3. Do I have to have a figure close to or greater than 100 mIU/mL surface antibodies?

4. While there is no cure for HEP B virus, when is it safe to say that the virus has cleared body?

5. Is the possibility of a mutant form of the virus always possible given the above results.

Thank you for your help.

1. Unlikely given the negative surface antigen and HBV DNA. 2. Possibly. 3. Don't think so. 4. I think you need to have another set of numbers or two to verify what you currently see. 5. Always a possibility with any HBV medication.

High T-cell count
HBV DNA