Low VL taxing on immune system

Dear Doctor, I sereconverted earlier this year. My doctor tells me I don't need any medication yet and in numbers are very good for someone that recently sereconverted.

2007 Feb 12 - Tested negative during seroconversion. Mar 26 - Tested HIV+ with CD4:600-30% May 07 - CD4:710 - 27% / VL:341 Jul 09 - CD4:740 - 30% / VL:114 Just had my Sept check and I'm waiting for results.

Sometimes I read that having a low VL is actually very taxing on the immune system (if you're not on medication), since you immune system is constantly on overdrive. Is this true?

This is a great question and debated among experts. Some believe that you should give HIV treatment to almost all folks to stop viral replication, stopping the chronic stimulation, and preserve the immune system. Some believe that some viral replication is good because it activates the immune system to contain viral replication. The logic for this is that many people can maintain their immune system for years despite very low, but detectable viral replication.

percentage's
Infection Method and HIV Natural history