Cd4 and Viral Load

I tested positive in March '06. In May '06 my cd4 was 650 viral load 15k, in Dec'06, cd4 was 638, viral load 100K, in July'07, cd4 was 350, viral load over 100k. I went to another doctor to seek a second opinion and had the tests redone in Aug'07. My cd4 was 231, viral load 617K. The doctor is recommending I start treatment. Between the time of the last two tests, I was being treated for a flair-up of Crohn's disease with Entocort EC 9mgs a day. Could this treatment be causing the sudden decrease in cd4 count and increase in viral load? Should I wait another month and have the tests repeated again, or start treatment now??

Thanks for your input.

I agree with the doctor. The trend appears clear. Yes, the Crohn's disease could be causing immune system activation and so in turn HIV activation. However, given the chronic waxing and waning of this condition, it would be best to be on HIV treatment to preserve your immune system.

HIV and AIDS
HIV+ or not ?