aids dementia

I started sustiva and truvada (soon to be atripla) about 3 1/2 months after exposure last year with a vl of >100,000 and cd4 of 266. If I remain undectable with a normal cd4 count, will I lose brain cells and descend into dementia? Do the meds I am on penetrate the spinal fluid and brain?

All of the meds in Atripla are great for the brain so to speak. So no, once undetectable, you won't descend into HIV dementia. Now many other things along the road of life can still cause dementia in a person (stroke, other infections, etc).

understanding CD4 counts