Sep 2, 2007
I started sustiva and truvada (soon to be atripla) about 3 1/2 months after exposure last year with a vl of >100,000 and cd4 of 266. If I remain undectable with a normal cd4 count, will I lose brain cells and descend into dementia? Do the meds I am on penetrate the spinal fluid and brain?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
All of the meds in Atripla are great for the brain so to speak. So no, once undetectable, you won't descend into HIV dementia. Now many other things along the road of life can still cause dementia in a person (stroke, other infections, etc).
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sore Testicles After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
- Can A Sexually Transmitted Disease Cause A Sore On Your Gums?
- Can I Catch Gonorrhea Without Having Sex?
- What Is The Best Medication For Vaginal Infections?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.