Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

CD4 - CD4% questions

Hello Dr.:

I was diagnosed Positive on June 2006. VL around 380,000, CD4 count 25 and CD4% 6. I was put on meds right away, Lexiva, Truvada and Norvir once a day. CD4 counts have gone up progressively from 25 to 25 to 135 to 180 to 230 to 290. VL went down to undetectable <50 after the second month of meds. CD4% went up from 6 to 12 to 14 to 17 to 18.5 and then down to 16 again. I take my meds religiously and no significant illnesses. Can you please tell me why the drop on CD4%, what does it mean? And what do you think of the this progression? I am 31 and male. Excercise regularly, and try to take care of myself as best as possible. Thank you very much for your comments doctor.

You have had a marvelous response. That is not a significant change in CD4 percent.

cosmetic surgery
Undetectable and now 103