sores in mouth and on hands and feet
Aug 18, 2007
Dear Mark Holodniy,
I am in my late 20s, have been positive for three years, and have been on Atripla for nearly one year. I am undetectable, and my with cell count around 550-600.
I recently got a cold. My tongue is swollen, have a sore throat and have cankor sores. So far, pretty normal. However, I also have small sores on the palm of my hands, almost like small blisters, and one on my large toe. I am a bit concerned. Is this an indication of anything HIV related?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Unlikely to be specifically related to the HIV virus. Possibilities include viral infections like coxsackie virus or bacterial infections like syphilis, among others.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Tingling In Fingers A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Ache In Testicles After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Dizziness After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Hair Loss After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Vagina After Deep Kissing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Touching Sperm Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.