does having sickle cell trait increase risk hiv
Aug 4, 2007
does haveing the sicklecell trait increase the risk of being infected with hiv.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Although those with sickle cell disease who required transfusions early in the HIV epidemic when blood screening was not as effective as it is today were at greater risk, I am not aware of those with either disease or trait as being at greater risk today.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Soon After Having Unprotected Sex Can You Get An Hiv Test?
- Can You Get Hiv During Sex Without Ejaculation?
- Hiv Western Blot Test How Long Does It Take For Results
- Getting Hiv Through Fingering With A Cut On Finger
- Yellow Discharge Bacterial Vaginosis
- Would Hpv Show Up In A Blood Test
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.