|does having sickle cell trait increase risk hiv
Aug 4, 2007
does haveing the sicklecell trait increase the risk of being infected with hiv.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Although those with sickle cell disease who required transfusions early in the HIV epidemic when blood screening was not as effective as it is today were at greater risk, I am not aware of those with either disease or trait as being at greater risk today.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sickle Cell Anemia And Hiv
- Muscle Ache After Sex With Hooker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sinus Infection After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts Just From Touching?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.