Does Recent Surgery affect counts?

Hi, I had a 880 count 3 months ago, have been dieting and taking vitamens and doing all sorts of healthy stuff, however, I had back surgery and then did my quarterly labs 2 weeks later and my count has dropped to 400's, is it normal to have a wierd spike/dip after major surgery and all the meds used during surgery?

The data is inconclusive about CD4 count changes following surgery. Reports of numbers going up and down appear in the literature. Some of this relates to what kind of surgery is being performed, whether there were postoperative complications like an infection, and how long after surgery the counts were obtained, and whether HIV meds were stopped for some period of time around surgery. So in your case, it's possible. The next set of numbers should be more revealing of where you are.

felling terrible, but numbers inprove
Am I infectious