Great immune response without meds?

I've been positive for 2 years. 6 months ago my vl was 95,000 and cd4 was 610 and about 38%. My test last week revealed that my vl had gone down to 17,000! My cd8% is at 70% and my cd4 currently at 450 and 30%. Do you think my immune system is suprising me with a strong come back? I was ecited by the results as I've been on a STI for a year due to liver inflamation. I went on meds right after diagnosis due to cd4 of 300 and vl of 700,000.

I am not sure I would be so happy. Although your viral load has decreased, so has your CD4 count and percentage. You may be one of those folks whose viral load stays somewhat lower after an STI. I would predict though that as more time goes by, your CD4 may drift down further. I don't think there is anything to do now. You have a great CD8 response. But treatment may be in your future.

HIV and Syphilis Coinfection
Questions for the doctor