difference of 500 on CD 4 between results

5 weeks ago good news turned out in bad news. My gf was pregnant and I was walking on clouds. During the tests on pregnancy a blood test was done and the news was brought that she was pos. We couldn't believe it. We both tested negative only 6 months before. We immediately retested and it confirmed being pos. Don't need to explain what happened that night, it was hell....and yes life was over for me. 2 days later we did the test for the CD4 count, waiting for results took 2 weeks, and meanwhile I have tried to educate myself and regained some power. Shocking was the result when it turned out that her CD4 was 347 and my CD4 was only 90.....I thought my life would end within a few years. We decided that we could not keep the baby on these facts, we believe that life would be hard enough on ourselves to help each other survive. We also choose not share our status for now with anyone , my gf is from a well respected family and my career would probably be in danger if we cam out.

Doing the abortus was another mental breakdown, the country where we live doesn't allow it so going to a black market hospital doesn't give you the right feeling. To be honest the service of the place was good.

Meanwhile we have retested ourselves and yesterday we received completely different results. My gf has CD4 564 Viral Load undetectable, I have CD4 678 Viral Load 5350 3.73 logC/ml.

I must believe now that the first results where not correct or do you have another answer why the difference is so high?

How should we expect our pos. status to act the next years?

Last question, should we now always have safe sex between each other?

Also, thanks to all at the Body, I have spend lost of hours on this site reading the site

I think you both need another set of labs (hopefully from the same lab that you had the second test from) to determine what your numbers really are. It is too soon to tell how the virus will affect you. You need to have a few more sets of numbers to know what the trend looks like. It is not clear from your question who acquired the virus from whom. Certainly if other people are involved the likelihood of different strains is present, which could then get passed on to the other partner. Regardless, it is important that you practice safe sex.

viral load
CD4 Count shot up unexplainably