Jul 14, 2007
How bad is it when my quantitation is 4,100,000? I know I have hep c and last time my numbers were around 2,000,000.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
That number is moderately high and about average for HCV viral load. The HCV viral load does not really correlate that will with outcome. Another test result to know is the genotype (usually a number). Genotype 1, which is the most common in the US, responds less well to treatment than say genotype 2 or 3. There is no real difference between your two values, given the variability of the HCV viral load assay.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can I Get Hiv From Using Public Restrooms?
- What Are Some Symptoms Associated With Acute Phase Hiv Infection?
- What Is The Most Deadly Form Of Hepatitis?
- Is White Spots On My Gums A Symptom Of Hiv?
- How Long Does It Take For Trazodone To Eliminate Neuropathy?
- Is There No Risk Of Getting Hiv Through Fellatio?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.