|my cd4=184 vl=26036
Jul 14, 2007
i'm pregnent 24WEEKS tested positive 3month ago my cd4=184 & v/l=26036 my doc given me COMBIVIR 300MG; is this is the perfect combination med. for me? thanks
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Combivir, which includes AZT and 3TC are fine to take during pregnancy. The current recommendations are that HIV treatment during pregnancy should include AZT in the regimen. To prevent the development of resistance and increase the likelihood that you will achieve an undetectable viral load so as to further reduce the risk of transmission to the fetus, another drug in the combo would be recommended. Certain HIV drugs should not be given during pregnancy. You may want to consult with an obstetrician experienced in treating high risk HIV pregnancies.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Likely Is It To Get HIV From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Chills After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Coated Tongue After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Ear Infection After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Handjob Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Vaginal Discharge After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.