my cd4=184 vl=26036

i'm pregnent 24WEEKS tested positive 3month ago my cd4=184 & v/l=26036 my doc given me COMBIVIR 300MG; is this is the perfect combination med. for me? thanks

Combivir, which includes AZT and 3TC are fine to take during pregnancy. The current recommendations are that HIV treatment during pregnancy should include AZT in the regimen. To prevent the development of resistance and increase the likelihood that you will achieve an undetectable viral load so as to further reduce the risk of transmission to the fetus, another drug in the combo would be recommended. Certain HIV drugs should not be given during pregnancy. You may want to consult with an obstetrician experienced in treating high risk HIV pregnancies.

New Labs - Jump in VL
Treatment