Treatment inertia

Hello, I was diagnosed 7 months ago and my tests in Feb & July 07 show my CD4 count has gone from 270 to 244 and VL from 118,282 to 181,833. Naturally I would prefer NOT to go on HAART, but now understand these to be quite excessive numbers and wonder why my specialist doctor has not taken any action as yet? I was extremely ill with viral attack when first diagnosed and have recently developed lip swelling allergies and excema. Perhaps this is unrelated? Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

It's not clear whether you were acutely HIV infected just before the first test results, or you have been chronically infected for some time and you had another viral illness at that time. The results are very consistent between February and July. I think if you have another set of numbers in the next month or two that are consistent with the previous two, then you do need to start HIV treatment.

Seroconversion illness AFTER positive antibody test?
New Labs - Jump in VL