Jul 7, 2007
Dear Doctor, My CD 4 count goes from 804 to 621 and then sometimes to 455 and then again to 655, viral load always undectable. I am on HIV medications. Is this normal that CD 4 counts goes so up and down? My doctor says yes. Thank you very much.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
I agree with your doctor. Another number to follow is the CD4 percent. I bet your CD4% has not varied much, while the absolute count has. The absolute count can vary because of time of day, stress, other ongoing infections, immunizations, among other reasons.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Effects Of Aloe Vera On Hiv
- Will A Pap Smear Come Back Abnormal If You Have Hpv?
- What's The Difference Between Herpes And Cold Sores?
- What Would Happen If You Had Sex With Someone That Had Genital Warts?
- What Percent Of Americans Have Herpes?
- What Can A Man Do If He Thinks He Was Exposed To Hpv Genital Warts?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.