HIV cell counts
Jul 7, 2007
I have been positive since 1991, maybe earlier. My current CD4 count is 594. My CD3 count is 3034, and my CD8 count is 2401. Is that a little high? Am I getting better and finally getting this under control? I take Mepron, Sustiva, Epivir,one other.(?)
Response from Dr. Holodniy
An elevated CD8 count is a normal reaction to HIV infection. CD8 cells are the main cell that helps contain HIV. So, your elevated count is actually a good thing.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Likely Is It To Get AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Ear Infection After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- How Soon After Sex Can You Tell If You Contracted An Std?
- Are Dialysis Patients Tested For Hiv?
- Can I Get Hiv From My Cat?
- Can Rubbing Cocks Together Transmit HIV?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.