NEW LABS - HELP

SENT AGAIN AS MISSED SOME % INFO!

I took PEP in Sept 06 and was confirmed as positive in Feb 07 with a CD4 of 225 (19.8%) and VL c.5,000, a month later CD4 of 324 and VL of 10,000 (cannot recall %) and now, 3 months later a CD4 of 293 (18.9%)and VL of 20,000. I am not on Meds and really do not understand what this pattern might mean or how significant a drop of 31 in my CD4 count means - can you help explain?

There is really no significant difference in a CD4 count of 324 and 293, particularly if the CD4 cpercent has remained the same, or remained within about 3%. Likewise, there is no real difference between those viral loads. So, I would not be concerned about the change. However, you are at a CD4 count/percent that I would consider startign HIV treatment.

Hepa b profile
HIV cell counts