viral load increase
Jun 30, 2007
I am newly diagnosed, with only 2 sets of labs done. 1st set: CD4 949,cd%44, vl<5000, second set 3 months later: cd4 959, % 44, vl 10498. Should I be concerned with this change in my viral load?? I just got over a sinus infection just over a month prior to my bloodwork.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
I would not be concerned. Your counts are in the normal range, indicating your immune system is doing a great job controlling the infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get Hiv From Stepping On A Needle?
- Hiv Symptoms After 8 Weeks
- Is Loss Of Appetite A Sign Of Hiv?
- What's The Difference Between Vaginosis And Vaginitis?
- What Percentage Of Men Become Infected With Chlamydia And Have No Symptoms?
- What Else Can Cause Blisters Besides Genital Herpes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.