|High cd8 percent
Jun 30, 2007
Doctor, My recent labs are cd4 22% and cd8 54%. The cd4's increased about 5% and the cd8's about 19% from previous labs several years ago. I was diagnosed with ARC in 1986. Should my cd8 percent still be elevated or does it likely mean that I have some other sort of infection? I am not on any medication or under a doctor's care. Thanks.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
An elevated CD8 count and percent is a normal response to HIV infection, and is actually a good thing.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Trouble Urinating After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- How Do I Get Rid Of Genital Warts In The Mouth?
- What Are The Effects Of Estrace Cream On A Pap Smear Or Hpv Screen?
- What If You Have Pimples On Your Lips Is That A Sign Of A Std?
- Can Allergy Medicine Affect Hiv Testing?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.