HBeAg + or - ?

Hello, I was diagnosed with active Hep B Chronic virus in March 2003. Fibrosis level: 1.5. Since then I have been taking Lamiduvine 100 mg. After the first 3 months of Lamiduvine, my HBV-DNA became indetectable (<1000 copies/ml). But after more than 4 years of Lamiduvine, my HBeAg is still positive with now 1.17 s/co (latest lab test). Actually the HBeAg level has been varying between 1.17 - 1.5 for the last 2 - 3 years. HBsAg (+) >250IU/ml; Anti-HBs (-) 0mIU/ml ; Anti-HBe (-) 1.55 s/co ; Anti-HBc (+) 9.07 s/co My liver test lab show normal every time we have one, I get tested and see the doctor every 3-4 months and every time, the doctor spends 30 sec with me and says I am fine. I was in CA before but have been in China for about 3 years now. I know that China uses different limits. With my level of HBeAg, would I be considered "Negative HBeAg" in hte United States? Thanks a lot,

It sounds like you are in the group of those that have an initial response to lamivudine and may have a viral load response, but are still HBV e antigen positive. The interpretation of this is that you have not cleared the virus and may need a second line treatment regimen that can be effective in people previously treated with lamivudine. You should discuss this with your liver specialist.

HIV, Syphlis & Depression
wb indeterminate