|Low CD4 and viral load
Jun 23, 2007
Is it unusual to have a CD4 at 156 and a Viral Load at 50,000 and what does it mean? What would a typical viral load be with this CD4? Not taking meds but am starting soon.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Unfortunately, there is no direct correlation between CD4 and viral load level. A viral load of 50,000 is moderately high. You definitely need to start meds and I would suggest getting a resistance test before you start meds to make sure you get the most potent regimen.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Tingling In Feet After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Can Thrush Cause A Metallic Taste In Your Mouth?
- Frequent Watery Vaginal Discharge With Bad Odor
- If You Use A Condom Correctly Can You Get A Std?
- What Is The Most Common Std In The United States?
- Afraid Of Having Undiagnosed Hiv Infection
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.