HBV DNA interpertation
Jun 23, 2007
my wife was detected Hepetitis b and was fond that the HBe is negative DNA is negative but still we have gone for HBV Dna quantitative alysis and the result is 458 IU/Ml done on Roorgene from corbett research australia. sensitivity 3.8 IU/Ml conversion 1 IU/Ml = & copies Measuring range 3.8 IU/ml to 250,00,000 IU/Ml
please interpret the result
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Sounds like a low positive result, which would be unusual in someone who has not been treated. The test needs to be repeated and then discussed with your doctor.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Much Blood Must Be Transmitted In Order To Get Hiv?
- When Will A Woman Find Out She Has Gonorrhea?
- What Is The Difference Between Genital Herpes And Shingles?
- What Do Genital Warts Look Like When They First Appear?
- What Color Is The Genital Warts Discharge?
- Topical Antifungal For Angular Chelitis
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.