|Most Recent Test
Jun 16, 2007
My recent HIV viral load was 85 and my CD4 was 754. My doctor doesn't want to put me on meds. Should I insist or take him for his word and knowledge? What is considered "good" viral load and "good" CD4?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
You doctor is correct. A normal CD4 count in someone without HIV infection is 500 to 1500. Your count is in the normal range. There is no good viral load level, but < 10,000 is considered low and > 100,000 is considered high.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Penis Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Is Rectal Bleeding A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Tingling Lips Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Scared To Get Tested
- Achy Balls After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Blood In Urine After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.