|Newly Tested Positive
Jun 16, 2007
I recently tested for HIV with an orasure swab test which came back EIA positive and WB inconclusive. I then retested using a blood test and both tests came back positive. My blood was drawn for my first viral load and CD4 count. The results came back with a 800 CD4 count and an undectable viral load. Are these test results normal even if I just recently tested positive? Shouldn't there be some type of spike in the viral loads after first becoming infected?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Recently testing positive does not necessarily mean recent infection. So unless your infection was truly within the last few weeks your current labs are certainly seen in those people who have immune systems that are able to contain the virus.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Should I Get Tested After Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Fever After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Scrotum After Sensual Massage Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sinus Infection After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Swallowing Precum What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.