HIV subtypes

I live in the US but believe I was infected in South Asia, where I lived for a while, anywhere between four years ago to about a year ago. I don't have my genotype/phenotype yet. Will it tell me what HIV subtype I've been infected with. I believe in the US the most prevalent is subtype B, while in South Asia it's A and D. If my subtype is NOT B, does this have implications for treatment, choosing meds and so on?

Thanks.

A genotype test, depending on the vendor, could tell you the subtype. Many resistance tests don't. The subtype is unlikely to affect the efficacy of HIV treatment.

Is it possible ?
hepatitis c pcr from ACD yellow top tube