Jun 16, 2007
If the viral load was 257,000.00 last time and this test says Hep C virus rna quant pcr 24600 iu/ml <5 reference and the second line says Hep C virus rna quant pcr 49200 copies/ml reference <10. On Peg Intro and Ribiviron...what is the conversion for the 2nd viral load?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
You don't indicate what the units were for the first viral load test. In the second test, the results are expressed as international units (IU) and copies. In this case, copies are about twice as much as IU. So you need to look at the first test units and decide whether it was reported in both sets of units or just one and then make the conversion.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dry Mouth After Swallowing Precum What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Loose Stool After Unprotected Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Penis After Foreplay Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Licking Rectum Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.