Time to Change?

I have been HIV+ since 1987 and have been on the following regimen since 2000; Kaltera, Viramune and Viread (since 2002, D4T prior to that). My CD4 count peaked at 337 eighteen months ago and has fallen since; it is now 207. My Viral Load has remained undectable since 2000, and my CD4% stable at 16. My doctor of 15 years says I should not be concerned, but I feel that since my CD4 count continues to fall that I should switch to another regimen, after 7 years on my current one, to see if I can get a boost in my CD4 count.

Your thought, please.

Thanks

It is good that your CD4 percent has not changed and that your viral load remains undetectable. It is important to make sure that you are not taking any other meds, herbals, etc that might be contributing to reducing your white blood cell (WBC) count or total lymphocyte count, which could account for a falling absolute CD4 count in the face of a stable CD4 percent. Although I agree with your doctor in principal, sometimes, and certainly if the CD4 count continues to fall below 200, an adjustment in HIV meds may be in order.

Viral load after 4 weeks
t cell transfusion