|Cd4 variences pre thearapy..
Jun 10, 2007
I have had my cd4 counts fall from 630 down to 495 (3months) then back to 650 (1 month) and then back to 460 after two months...why are these variences so large in such a small period of times between test ? My viral load has been moderating around 20k...what does this mean ?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
I would not be concerned about those swings. Absolute CD4 counts can fluctuate as a result of time of day, other ongoing infections, immunizations, stress, among other reasons. Another important number to follow is the CD4 percent, which is a more stable number over time. I would bet that your CD4 percent is stable.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Behaviour Change After Hiv Aids Diagnosis
- Dose Hiv Cause White Spots In The Back Of The Throat?
- If The Woman Already Has Hiv Can A Man Get It Through Vaginal Sex?
- How Does Hiv Affect The Lungs?
- Are Sufficient Hiv Concentrations For Transmissions To Other Persons Present In Tears Or Saliva?
- How Many People Die Each Year From Hepatitis C?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.