Low CD4 but stable CD4%

My husband's CD4 in July 06 was 808 and viral load 343. CD4% was 25%. Most recent tests done show viral load of 25000 and CD4 dropping has been 337 / 299 / 284 over the last 3 months although his latest labs show a CD4% of 26%. we've been under an incredible amount of stress and although he hasn't been sick the declining absolute CD4 is obviously of great concern. He's not on any meds and was diagnosed in Sep 04 initial CD4 was 496 and increased thereafter until now. How significant is the absolute count drop in comparision to the %? thanks so much for the work that you do on this site.

It is likely that his total white blod cell (WBC) count and total lymphocyte count have decreased, accounting for the decrease in absolute CD4 count and stable percent. Stress can account for some of this decline. I assume he is not on any other meds that could be affecting his WBC count. I would be inclined to hold firm for now and not do anything but watchful waiting. If the viral load is going up or the percent starts to drop then HIV meds might be indicated.

Is the chart on this site still valid today ?
HEP B eAB and eAG