Medical Proof to Support Case

My partner who I have been with since December 2006 never told me that he was positive and proceeded having unsafe sex with me. I got tested positive in middle March and told my partner a week after. Shocked at his reaction towards me telling him I asked him about his status and he said tht he has been positive since May 2006 and didn't want to tell me out of fear of loosing me.

Anyway, I am in the process of sueing him now, but the doctors I am seeing aren't being very helpful and tells me there is no proof they can provide me with that point to the fact that he gave me the virus?

I've heard about tests that can give an indication of when about I was infected. And what about HIV strains? Is it not a fact that we will have the same strain if he infected me?

At the moment all I have to go on is that he didn't tell me about his status and had unprotected sex with me which makes it a crimanal offence in EU.

Any help or pointers in any direction will be greatly appreciated.

Regards, R

There are tests which can determine the relatedness of virus strains. These tests are not commercially available, and are performed mostly for research purposes. It is likely that a defendant would not agree to submit a blood sample for this analysis unless required to by court order.

Massive VL yet increasing CD4, WTF?
viral load less than 40 copies