liver biopsy results help please
May 6, 2007
I just got my liver biopsy results. I'm 29 year old male with HBV infection possible since birth. My viral load is 80,000 copies and my e AG is negative and e AB is positive. My ALT and AST are normal. I saw a specialist and he asked me to take a liver biopsy to rule out if I have precore mutant or if I'm inactive carrier. The tests for liver biopsy came as follow: FINAL PATHALOGIC DIOGNOSIS: Slight chronic periportal inflammation. negative for malignancy.
Microscopic Description: The needle biopsy from the liver reveals a well maintained architecture with minimal to no inflamation or fibrosis. Negative for iron and fibrosis. No sign of fibrosis or malignancy.
My doctor told me I don't need medication but another specialist said I need medication.
1) What does all these results indicate to you?
2) Do you think I need to be on medication?
3) Am' I precore mutant since I'm from the mediterrenean area?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
1. Minimal damage and some inflammation in the liver. 2. Experts will disagree because the damage is minimal at this point. Some would say treat now and hopefully eradicate the virus, others would say wait. 3. Usually done from virus in the blood but could be done from tissue associated virus, but there is no result here for that test.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can I Do The Master Colon Cleanse While Taking Hiv Medications?
- Primary Hiv Infection Rash
- Can You Get Hbv Or Hiv From Puncture Wounds Or Broken Skin?
- Chances Of Hiv After One Vaginal Encounter
- Risk Of Hiv Transmission Per Sexual Activity
- What Physical Effects Does Hiv Have On A Person?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.