HIV and high GGT Liver Results

Hi, I'm a person with HIV for 3 years now. I have regular testing done for liver damage. I use to use meth before I became HIV and now I've been clean for 3 years and I don't drink often. I've recently started having a glas of red wine at night to relax. On occassion I may have 4 beers in a night when with friends.

I'm currently taking for my HIV: Viramune, Epivir and Viread I'm also taking supplements like Vitamins C,E,Bcomplex, Zinc, multi Vitamin and Lipitor 20MG in a daily basis.

My GGT test results are 245 with a range showing 0-65; My ALT results seems normal at 57 and my AST is also normal at 33.

I'm worried that I have liver disease and I'm wondering if I'm being overly concerned. This GGT test result has been this high for at least 12 months and I do not seem to have any symtoms that I'm aware of. I'm meeting with my doctors to discuss a liver biopsy and wanted to know what your thoughts were. By the way I'm asking for the biopsy only because I've read that I may already be at a stage for doing so.

If I do have liver disease or some form of it what treatment should I be talking about with my doctor?

Thank you in advance,

PR

You don't indicate whether you have been tested for hepatitis viruses. Also, meds like viramune, epivir, and lipitor could be causing those lab abnormalities.

Possible cause
Hep C only