Been on the Same meds for years
Apr 28, 2007
I have been on Epivir, Viramune, and Zerit since late 1999. I cycle them, that is, I spend 4 months on, then three months off. My counts have been good, but I havent had bloodwork done in about 6 months. What is the likelihood that I will become resistant to these meds, and why havent I become resistant thus far?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Resistance is always possible. But stopping all of them at the same time and then restarting them all together would decrease the likelihood of resistance developing.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Tingling In Fingers An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Coated Tongue After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Oral Ulcers After Licking Vagina Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Can I Catch Gonorrhea Without Having Sex?
- How Long Does Chlamydia Take To Show?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.