|HIV-1 RNA Ultra
Apr 22, 2007
What does HIV-1 RNA Ultra mean or what does it measure. On 2/6/07 that number was 11809 and on 9/12/06 the number was 20821. Does he mean he is worse since number has decreased?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
ULtra in this case means that the range the viral load test can measure is between 50 and abuot 100,000 copies/mL of blood. There is no significant difference between those two tests as they are well within assay variation, which can be as much as 3-fold or 3 times the value.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- White Bumps On Penis After Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Can Hepatitis B Test Return A False Positive?
- How To Completely Get Rid Of Vaginal Discharge?
- Sexually Transmitted Disease That Cause Numbness
- What Kinds Of Infections Could Cause A Brown Discharge?
- What Part Of The Body Is Affected By Hepatitis?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.