Undetectable

Hi Doc,

on medication since eind of October '06 (Truvada/Kaletra). Started with CD4 at 50 and VL at 480.000

End of november/december/january respectively: 180/45.000 - 350/1.700 - 210/1.600.

Today I got my results from two weeks ago: CD4220/VL 345.

My doctor thinks I respond slow to medication, as in a week from now I'm on medication for half a year and virus still detectable. He wants me to come in in two weeks for new blood test on VL.

He says he's not too worried, just being on top of it. I do believe him (and am comfortable with him) but I just need a second opinion: do I need to worry about effectiveness of medication? Do I have to worry about resistance?

I feel great. Take my medication on time every day (forgot only once) ... for me things seems to go so well ... and now seem so confused.

I agree with your doctor and he is doing the right thing. Might have been good to have had a resistance test done before starting meds to know that all the HIV drugs your are taking are indeed active. Sometimes it takes 6 months or so to get to undetectable, particularly with the high viral load you had. If you are still not undetectable, then I would get a resistance test to see what is going on. Sometimes you need to add another drug help get to undetectable.

Undetectable, No Meds
please give me insight