Apr 15, 2007
What effect does smoking have on your CD4 count and percentage? A pack a day.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Little data is available to answer the question directly. It does not appear that smoking affects CD4 number, but some animal data suggests that nicotine alters some of the important chemicals and hormones that CD4 cells make. This could affect CD4 function and therefore the way the immune system controls HIV infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Painful Ejaculation After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Vaginal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Rash After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- How Long Does Fluconazole Take To Work?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.