Follow up to CD4 slow to increase

To follow up to your response to CD4 slow to increase....The reason the dr wants to change the medicine is the slow increase in CD4, i do not thinking changing the meds will make the CD4 increase faster he disagrees, what do you think ?

Original correspondance: CD4 slow to increase Apr 8, 2007

First tested CD4 was 60 in 2003. went on medication and have had completely supressed Viral Load since. CD4 is increasing slowly, highest it has ever being is 305. % increasing from 6 to now 12. Dr wants to change medication. i am reluctant, as i am pleased with increase and at least % is increasing. if i were your patient would you leave me on same medications or change (kaletra & Epzicom). stopped dapsone when i went over 200. Response from Dr. Holodniy

You don't indicate why your doctor wants you to change. If you are tolerating this regimen without significant toxicity, I would suggest maintaining that regimen.

I am not aware of controlled study data to suggest that changing the regimen will result in a signficant bump in CD4 count when the viral load is undetectable. He may have personal experience to suggest this strategy may work. I would still probably hold the course. The only downside to switching is new toxicities associated with a different regimen. You could try it and see if you tolerate it. If so, then see over 3-4 months whether the change made a difference in your counts. If you don't tolerate it, you can go back to your old regimen.

56012vl acute?
can't get undectable